Monday, May 13, 2013

Sometimes I'm Clueless

Ok, yes it's true.  Sometimes I'm clueless. 



As a relative "new-bee" to the blogging world, I am learning new things about blogging almost on a weekly basis.  Today's big AH-HA! moment was when I was just playing around Amazon and was looking at the reviews I've done and saw that I have a reviewer ranking!  I had no idea they ranked their reviewers as well as their books.  I am #82,062 on their top reviewer list.  Ok, so I have a lot of work cut out for me to get up to one of their coveted badges for top 1,000, 500, 100, 50, 10 and #1.  But I had no idea these were even options!

Which brings me to another thing I have been clueless about.  I almost never click on the bottom of the review where it asks me if the review was helpful or not.  If someone takes the time to write a review, and I bothered to read it, I should actually take the 10 seconds and click the "yes" or "no" button.  Sheesh!  Clueless!

So there you go, my book reviewer lesson of the day: Not only should I review things on Amazon, I should also give props to other people who do.

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. One thing I was clueless for awhile about was the option to "like" a post/review on a wordpress blog. Sometimes all I really have to say is "great review," but I know that doesn't sound very thoughtful or personal, so usually I'd rather not comment than write a generic "great review!" BUT on wordpress blogs, you can "like" the post -- so I at least feel like the person who took the time to write it knew I read and paid attention to it, even if I didn't have a lot to say. I kind of wish blogger had that too, but I guess we can't have everything!

    I'm definitely like you and learn stuff about blogging ALL the time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never left a review on Amazon, although I knew about the like button! 82K+ is pretty darned good in their rankings!

    Now, Goodreads is a different matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip. I was looking for the: Was this review helpful: "yes" or "no" buttons for this post but did not see them. I will try to find out my ranking. I'm sure you will be high up there in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh...I never click on that button either. I never even think about it. That's a great tip though and so true. I really rely on reviews when I'm deciding what books to get, so the least I could do is click the damn button!

    Good luck getting into those top numbers. It's a great goal to shoot for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. play bazaar
    play bazaar
    play bazaarWhen you determine what you need for retirement, plan to live the lifestyle you currently do. If so, you should be able to bank on expenses being approximately 80 percent of the current figures, considering that your work week will be significantly abbreviated. Just take care that you do not spend all the extra money as a free time.

    ReplyDelete