Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ever, Jessa Russo



 Ever
Genre(s): Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance

Ever has a secret. 2 years ago her best friend Frankie and she were in a bad car accident. She lived, and even though he was dead, he never left her. Now he haunts her house that she lives in with her parents. Everyone can see him and is used to his presence. The only problem is that Ever has been in love with him from day 1 and now she pines away wishing that he was alive so she could be with him.

Then, on the 2nd anniversary of the accident, someone moves in next door into Frankie's old house. He's gorgeous, he's interested in Ever and, better yet, he's ALIVE. But he's got a secret, too...



19 year old Toby immediately takes an interest in Ever, and despite her lack of experience (she has been pining away for her dead friend for years, after all), she goes out with him and falls for him.  Truth be told, so did I. 

Russo wraps you in the story so well that you care about the characters and become invested in what happens to them.  You don't want Frankie's feelings hurt.  You want Ever's mother to be ok.  You want Ever to be ok.  You want Ever and Toby to make it.  

And Ever was easy to relate to.  I really feel as though my 17 year old self would have reacted the same way as Ever did when in her first relationship.   I totally understand her attraction to Frankie and Toby.  Although, truth be told, my adult self is Team Toby but I think my 17 year old self would be Team Frankie.  As an adult being with a smoker is a no-no and a deal breaker, but my 17 year old self wasn't so picky. 

I started this book at 7:30 in the evening. Aside from a break to eat dinner, I read straight until 3 in the morning. Not because I had to, but because it was so good, I couldn't stop reading it. Even to get some well deserved sleep. And then with the cliffhanger ending...well I can't wait to read the sequel.

Rating: Five Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment