Thursday, September 20, 2012

Wilde's Fire (Darkness Falls Book 1) by Krystal Wade

Wilde's Fire (Darkness Falls, #1)
Genre(s): Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance

This is my second review of this book and consequently my second read.  This book was first published under a different publisher and I read a copy in advance of the release, so my review was short because it wasn't as fresh in my mind.  For release number two (with the new publisher), I wanted to reread the book and put my thoughts and feelings down immediately.

Even on the second reading, I was immediately sucked right in.  Wilde's Fire starts out with Kate (Katriona) Wilde's nightmare.  Her dream lover Arland is coming to embrace her...and then things go horribly awry.  She wakes up and prepares to go camping with her sister Brit and best friend Brad.  Brad is in love with Kate but is firmly in the friend zone and is uncomfortable in that zone.  Things turn weird in the camping trip when Kate starts seeing things and then when she, Brit and Brad inadvertently find a portal into another world....a world filled in darkness and they are instantly attacked by beasts.

It is in this world that Kate's dreams come true - literally.  Arland Maher lives in this world and although she has always dreamed of him and loved him, he doesn't know her.  Arland helps Kate learn who she is and helps her bring her light into the darkened world of Encardia.  Because Kate has a destiny, one that Arland can help, and one that can save that world from darkness and death.  But only if they survive.

I loved this book.  I was amazed by how richly Wade describes Encardia and how you can feel the oppressive darkness.  You feel Kate's frustrations and uncertainty.  And you certainly feel her love for Arland and I felt myself falling in love with him.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy, YA, and a bit of romance.

5 stars

CymLowell

2 comments:

  1. This does sound interesting. And the to-read list grows!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a book that's descriptive and makes you feel like you are right there on site and watching everything unfold. =D Great review!

    Tina 'the book lady'
    http://givingnsharing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete