Tuesday, November 20, 2012
10 Things I Am Grateful For In 2012
Seeing as Thanksgiving is two days away, I thought I'd post my thankful post today since I feel like tomorrow will be crazy (Mom is having surgery) and Thursday will be devoted to sloth and gluttony. Thus, my 10 Things I Am Grateful For In 2012 list.
10. My coworkers. Not everyone can say that they work with phenomenal people, but I honestly can. I love my coworkers. Brilliant, loyal, funny and kind, I am so lucky to know them.
9. Healthcare. With my mother going in to surgery tomorrow, I am grateful that she is covered by Medicare and that I was fully covered this past January when I had my surgery. Paying for that would not have been fun.
8. Pinterest. Without you, I would have so many fewer fun recipes and DIY projects to try out.
7. Mint chocolate chip brownies. Mint + chocolate = heaven.
6. Krystal Wade. Watching her rise into authordom and helping her by reading her books has been such a fun ride! Not to mention, she's a great person.
5. The MARC Train. You get me to work on time every day and save me $200/month in comparison with the Metro.
4. 80s movies. Die Hard, The Princess Bride, Clue, Indiana Jones, Star Wars (yes, it overlaps with the 70s, but whatever), Real Genius, Starman, Back To The Future, Somewhere In Time. You were the best babysitters in the world and I can still watch any of you again and again and again.
3. Blogger! I'm so happy to have "met" such great people and to have an outlet for my book fetish.
2. My boys. My Westies. They make me smile and laugh every single day, even if one has the worst breath in the world and the other is obsessed with toys.
1. My husband. He took care of me when I was sick, he randomly brings home flowers, he doesn't complain when I read books 24/7 and he loves me.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone (in the US)! Be safe and have a great day (worldwide).