Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Danger In Cat World, Nina Post

Danger in Cat World

Genre: Mystery, Paranormal
Rating: 4 Stars

When Detective Shawn Danger is called to investigate the scene of a murder, he had no idea how weird his world was about to get.  An heiress has been murdered...and so has her pet tortoise.  Add to that his half-heart attempts at dating, the weird staff the heiress had, the heiress's horrible in-laws and the growing number of cats taking over his apartment, Shawn has a lot on his plate.  But he still needs to solve the murder.  Was it one of her family members?  Or the missing staff member?  And why kill a tortoise?

Danger in Cat World was a fun, different take on a detective novel.  Sure, it shows the workings of a homicide, but with a bit of a twist.  A cat twist.  I thought this book was really good.  It's fast pace, I didn't see the ending coming and it made me like cats just a bit more.  Not much, mind you.  I'm still a dog person, but Shawn's cat is pretty cool.

Post is a good writer.  Her plots aren't predictable and the twist she throws in there was totally unexpected.  In a good way.  She also has an amazing vocabulary.  I like to think that I have a good vocabulary, but when I'm going to the dictionary just positive that I've caught the author in a made up word only to be proven wrong, I'm impressed.

So give it a try.  A little mystery, a little romance, a lot of danger and lot of cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment