Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Danger In Cat World, Nina Post

Danger in Cat World

Genre: Mystery, Paranormal
Rating: 4 Stars

When Detective Shawn Danger is called to investigate the scene of a murder, he had no idea how weird his world was about to get.  An heiress has been murdered...and so has her pet tortoise.  Add to that his half-heart attempts at dating, the weird staff the heiress had, the heiress's horrible in-laws and the growing number of cats taking over his apartment, Shawn has a lot on his plate.  But he still needs to solve the murder.  Was it one of her family members?  Or the missing staff member?  And why kill a tortoise?

Danger in Cat World was a fun, different take on a detective novel.  Sure, it shows the workings of a homicide, but with a bit of a twist.  A cat twist.  I thought this book was really good.  It's fast pace, I didn't see the ending coming and it made me like cats just a bit more.  Not much, mind you.  I'm still a dog person, but Shawn's cat is pretty cool.

Post is a good writer.  Her plots aren't predictable and the twist she throws in there was totally unexpected.  In a good way.  She also has an amazing vocabulary.  I like to think that I have a good vocabulary, but when I'm going to the dictionary just positive that I've caught the author in a made up word only to be proven wrong, I'm impressed.

So give it a try.  A little mystery, a little romance, a lot of danger and lot of cats!

1 comment:

  1. play bazaar
    play bazaar This includes taking care wills, living wills, and power of attorney. Some of these things will not affect you until you have passed, but others are needed if you should become mentally or physically incapacitated.

    ReplyDelete